Friday, October 23, 2009

"Settle your mind so you can listen to your heart"

Debbie's Virgin Blog

Okay, I am not promising much-writing, well, not my best attribute, I would normally not even be interested in blogging, but since Jacqui has a case of "Bloggers' Block", I am stepping up to the plate for my counterpart.
So what's on my mind? What's NOT on my mind is more like it!

The dishwasher has water sitting in the bottom (phone call to make-set up a service appointment), the boiler needs to be replaced (appointment at 9am for estimate), make kids doctor appt, call back SFL contacts, Wellness Weekend is fast approaching, 2 big seminars are breathing down our necks, email everyone who has contacted SFL in the past 2 days-56 unopened email-computer has been on the brink (finally back on line), send Fitness Club balance due statements, arrange Liam's schedule, operate on Brendan's stuffed dog (don't ask), set up Jack's evaluation, Clancy-oh poor Clancy-what to do with our 14 year old dog, return business and personal phone calls, address the new ANT problem in the kitchen, clean, change, feed, wash, work, go, go, go!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGG!!!! My head is either going to explode or I am just going to just breakdown and CRY!!!!

This is all running through my head as I am running on the treadmill at 6am this morning---then, all of a sudden, POOF! It hits me--the mantra one of my best friends, Peggy, shared with me not so long ago..."Settle your mind so you can listen to your heart". Great advise and I decided for 30 minutes, as I was running, to take it, I worked at "settling" my mind so I could "listen" to my heart.
What happened? Well, it's really quite amazing what can happen when you allow yourself to let go and settle down. I found peace among many other amazing things-true mental clarity (is it the run or the mantra?-that's for another blog-when Jacqui is back in business!).

So now I am HERE in the NOW and asking everyone who may be reading, please, follow the advice my dear friend offers ..."SETTLE YOUR MIND SO YOU CAN LISTEN TO YOUR HEART" and for right now, if only for today, LIVE IN THE NOW.

You may be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

1 comment:

  1. This is a post from Peggy forwarded to us at Strength for Life since she was unable to post a comment. Please know we are working on this problem, Thank you Jacqui


    "Excellent advice my friend! It REALLY does work. All I can say to you is "Wow...now here is a woman who has true fulfillment in life! Keep up the great work and effort. Your faith and belief in Strength For Life is a true reflection of its wonderful success so far! Kudos to Deb and Jacqui!" Keep looking for those "signs" from your wonderful inspiration Evelyn."

    ReplyDelete