Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

I admit to "blogger's block" as Debbie labeled it, if you checked in this week there was an entry - which I deleted the next day. I felt I had to update the blog and added an article from the American College of Sports Medicine - but you can read that in the news.

I have two hours between appointments today - so I checked myself into Border's! I absolutely love book stores and music stores which are combined (Yeah!). So, Rick Collins, I was disappointed not to find a copy of your book "The Alpha Male Challenge", we really must address this! There are so many books here I want to purchase - but since I have three or four at home that I bought and are still unread - I will not.

Besides, I was given a "Kindle" for my birthday last year and can download books in a minute. Problem - there is nothing like paging through a book that interests me, technology does not always win - it is just very convenient.

A very kind sales woman wanted to share her interest in one book - (she doesn't know me) - although this book was very interesting, with the plethora of books I am interested in - this comes way down the list of possibilities.

Drawn to Deepak Chopra's new book "Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul", I have always believed in the mind/body connection - healthy body/ healthy mind or something like that. Deepak Chopra is the author of one my top ten books "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success", I suppose you are somewhat drawn to writers you know and respect and find easy to comprehend.

I understand Debbie's blog about settling the mind, listening to your heart - it's the place my mind used to go to on a long run, I often have that same experience in the shower (TMI?) there is something about the water, no distractions that opens my heart to clarity. I am sure that we all have a place that offers that feeling, that serenity - where is yours?

Here's a quote that is a spin on what both Debbie and I are trying to say but a bit more eloquently:

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly."
Siddartha Guatama Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment