Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leap for Life!

So Debbie, what have you gotten me into now? As I arrived at her house for a day of "no kids" (except Jack - who was asleep) she presented me with an article about "Leap for Life." "LI Attorney Leaps for American Cancer Society" - Rick Collins raised more than $13,500 for ACS.

Debbie us so excited about this attorney, author of the "Alpha Male Challenge" (hmmmm), bodybuilder and defender of steroid use (what???), lecturer, magazine columnist - yada yada yada. I allowed her to go on, took the article to read and we went to work on the wellness weekend.

So, shame on me - let us not be judgemental! We met with Rick Collins today, what Debbie was able to extract from reading his web site, his bio etc, I was presented with in person. A gentleman, articulate as any I have heard, passionate about health, fitness and nutrition and willing to spend an hour or more of his time with Strength for Life.

His opening statement (isn't that like a lawyer) was how an individual is in control of what they eat and what they do! Especially during disease (dis-ease) that uncontrollable aspect that presents itself - we do have control of some aspects of our life. Evelyn Knapp (the reason for Strength for Life) said that exercise gave her a sense of control in an uncontrollable situation.

Debbie ran to buy the book - sold out in Border's, Commack. I have not read the book, I am interested in reading the book now after meeting Rick. I have looked through the table of contents - no quiche in there but there is cilantro! There are wonderful recipes for food and there is a full recipe for fitness! There is information that I recognize GAS - not as in flatulence - as in the General Adaptation Syndrome - our body's reaction to stress. The excerpts are inviting - you will want to run out (like Debbie) and buy this book. It covers it all diet, exercise and ATTITUDE!

Thank you, Rick Collins! We are gaining altitude for the Strength for Life Leap!

Please take the time and visit Rick's web site - I could not begin to add his credentials to this blog. www.rickcollins.com - see the link

No comments:

Post a Comment