Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stress and Pain......

This is my own up close and personal experience with stress and pain.  As you may know I had a bad bicycle fall last July 4th which required many stitches to my right calf - but luckily no muscle damage.  I have not been on a mobile bike since then.  Yesterday was my first experience and I was the 'whimp of all whimps' - so damn worried about the sand and the cracks etc. that I applied the brake on every downhill, afraid of any speed at all. In the end - I did the 14 miles very slowly -however,  too afraid to look up and enjoy any scenery whatsoever.

I dismounted, loaded the bike on the car and immediately felt a twinge in my left lower back..... I believe it was all stress related.  The good news is after a few advil and a the night's rest - I was good to go on the 8 mile hike today. My hopes are to rid the fear as soon as possible - I will do another bike ride this week and move onward. Wish me success!


Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon

No comments:

Post a Comment