Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day....

Only 41 years old "Earth Day" - I can remember the hoopla about it and how it took off and sustained itself for 41 years.  Kudos. The unfortunate part is that there are still so many easy ways to help the cause that remain undone. 


I trust that you are doing your best and applaud that and I ask that you consider doing one more than best - add one more 'earth friendly' action to your list.


Let's think about this - can you walk instead of using your car? can you shorten your shower? are you recycling cans, bottles, papers and plastic bags?  do you bring your own bags to the grocery store? do you recycle old eyeglasses? do you recycle old electronics? do you wash you clothes in cold water? do you turn down the thermometer in winter and raise it a bit in summer?...I know these are these easy ones and should be second nature - but I also know of intelligent individuals that do not comply.


Just google you will find thousands of ways to help our world - I am confident you can choose one more,- here's what I found... http://act.earthday.org/


Let's us just be conscious of what we are doing and I know we can find a way to save.





"All of us have a God in us, and that God is the spirit that unites all life, everything that is on this planet. It must be this voice that is telling me to do something, and I am sure it's the same voice that is speaking to everybody on this planet - at least everybody who seems to be concerned about the fate of the world, the fate of this planet."



~ Wangari Maathai Noble Peace prize winner, Deputy Minister of Environment, founder Green Belt movement in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment