Monday, January 24, 2011

Remembering Jack LaLanne

Let's recall the simplicity that Fitness guru Jack LaLanne suggested.  "While watching TV , during those commercial breaks, do something - ab crunches, bicycles, leg lifts.  For the average American watching 4 hours of TV a day you could get an hour or more of exercise. "

Hopefully you are not sitting and watching 4 hours of TV - but he is absolutely right on - that you can incorporate physical activity into your day - simply. 

Jack stated - "I spend two hours a day exercising. But the average person can do half an hour three or four times a week.. .. I lift weights for at least an hour. And I spend another hour swimming or doing other exercises in the water. It's all very vigorous."

some things never change....and then there are a few that do - girls, your hair....




Jack lived a vibrant 96 years - let's learn from him - get active!
"How do you build up your bank account? By putting something in it everyday.Your health account is no different. What I do today, I am wearing tomorrow. If I put inferior foods in my body today, I'm going to be inferior tomorrow, it's that simple."
~ Jack LaLanne

No comments:

Post a Comment