Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What one question will change your journey???

As I drove to see my daughter participate in her first full marathon the thought occurred to me  - that one question can change your journey.  Can you think of the one question that would motivate you to make necessary changes to way you are living?

In January, I posted a blog about making goals for the year,  I followed up once or twice to ask how you were doing achieving these goals...it is now November  - how did you do?  What are you thinking about for the next goal - there must be one - you must have a goal. 

I shared a story  about a dear friend who when asked what her goals were - mulled it over and then decided to enter a triathlon - she did a rookie triathlon (good baby step) and then a full triathlon after nine months.  Incredible what we can accomplish when we set a goal, and put the plan into motion.

In 1990 I started jogging - a Catholic school girl for 16 years - no sports in my history.  In May 1991 I ran my first 5 miles non stop - OMG - I now knew what it felt like to release endorphins.  A trainer in the gym asked me if I wanted to run in the NYC marathon that year...I laughed at her - said I was too old - and immediately hated hearing that.  So I trained, I submitted an application and trained - and lo and behold I was selected to run in the NYC Marathon in November.  Six months of training - only one race prior (a half marathon in Staten Island) and I finished.  But it was that one question - that changed the path of my life in many ways.  Running that marathon was my greatest physical accomplishment - but much more than that too.

So I ask you - what one question will prompt such a desire that you will change the way you are doing things,  and the road you will choose to travel?  Let me know - you can respond to these blogs or simply write to strengthforlife@optonline.net - be careful though Debbie and I share that email you may have to deal with both of us. 

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."          ~Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment