Wednesday, September 9, 2009

AHA!

When I worked for hospice as a volunteer, the volunteer coordinator told me that the job was "uplifting".

I recently saw an article that asked for feedback on the question "was cancer a gift?".

I remember talking to wonderful volunteers that had been given a new outlook on life after they were diagnosed with cancer - putting everything into perspective. What I have learned is to trust that twinge of intuition, not furl my brow (creating more wrinkles) because the AHA moment does come.

Working at hospice was absolutely rewarding, especially when faced with the unthinkable - an OMG how will I have the strength moment- but you receive it and it is uplifting. Cancer a gift, I can't say, but I do understand having everything in life put into perspective - and that is a gift. I have not read the outcome of that question, what I can see is the immeasurable strength that some individuals dealing with cancer are given. That is another OMG how do they have the fortitude? Trust, Faith!

One of my very favorite quotes "believe you have received it - and it will be yours!"

A bit personal today - just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment