Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Kate Fox

Last Thursday, Debbie and I were invited to present Strength for Life on Kate Fox's show 

"Sometimes Adversity Isn't

and we were gifted with a copy of her newest book 

"HOPE." click to purchase

Kate explained that there were four poems in this book that she wrote over the weekend retreat she spent with Strength for Life in 2014.  We love to hear the wonderful stories that survivors share  during and after the retreat but to have them in this book is beyond anything we could imagine. Here is  one of the four, but the entire book is powerful...support our friend and purchase one!


     ache
               waking to the sunrise
               after a restless but restful night
               I stretch arms overhead
               legs out as far as they will go 
               and I feel aches
               in places that haven't 
               felt that way
               in awhile
               marveling at how
               my body is able to move
               in ways I'd long forgotten
               I relish every ache as
               I ready myself for
               another day of living 


As it was, there was a problem with a camera which was no problem because Kate's colleague Kathy Leo jumped in to videotape.  We shared about our classes and our retreats and Kathy was taken back since she practices these healing therapies; we didn't even have to convince her to join us at our next retreat.  From there on the 'Universe' took over, together we were four with the simple desire 'to serve."  


Life is Good!



The day after our meeting, which was mind blowing in synchronicity, Kate presented Debbie and with this poem.


Goosebumps and Tear by Kate Fox

Sitting with these ladies
As I've sat with so many
I am brought to tears 
For the first time
My body is covered in
Goosebumps for
Most of the day
Long after they've gone
Long after I've returned home
Immersed in the chaos 
Of children and the 
Mundane tasks of life
I find myself in tears again
Smile across my face
Eyes looking to the sky
Chills everywhere 
Shock rolls through me
As I realize that
While I have been blessed 
To know many wonderful people
These are the ladies who blessed me
With an experience that 
Clearly affected me 
More than I realized
I am humbled as
Synchronicity 
Encircles me

10/15/15






No comments:

Post a Comment