Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Three Athletes Running to Benefit Strength for Life...

We have three athletes running in support of Strength for Life



Thank You Desiree, Jason and Courtney!!!!



Support Desiree as she runs the NYC MARATHON
to support Strength for Life!
Click HERE to donate via Active.com 
On November 2nd I will be running the ING NYC Marathon! Help me support a wonderful cause, Strength for Life! This is my third fundraising effort for the cause and every donation helps make a BIG difference in someone's treatment and/or recovery. Strength for Life is community exercise program in which persons with a cancer diagnosis participate in group classes designed to enhance their recovery process. Services provided will include educating cancer patients and the general public on the benefits of exercise in reducing the risk of certain cancers and improving functional activities.





Support Jason as he runs his first FULL PHILLY MARATHON 
to support Strength for Life!

Click HERE to donate via Active.com 

I am running my first full marathon and raising money to support Strength for Life, a non profit organization providing exercise classes and weekend wellness retreats to cancer patients and survivors at NO COST. This cause is very special to me as my mother is a breast cancer survivor and "climbed out of the pit" through exercise. Please help me hit my fundraising goal! 







Support Courtney as she runs her first FULL HAWAIIAN MARATHON
to support Strength for Life!


Click HERE to donate via Active.com 

I’m taking part in the Honolulu Marathon on December 14th to raise money that will be used to support Strength For Life which is an organization dedicated to raising awareness about the tremendous benefits of exercise to cancer patients and survivors. Strength for Life was founded in 2007 in memory of Evelyn Knapp, co-founder of the Personal Training Institute (PTI), who lost her courageous battle with breast cancer and who had a passion for exercise and made it a priority to continue exercising throughout her chemotherapy treatments. I started working at the Personal Training Institute in high school and it introduced me to the benefits of exercise and proper nutrition and I also had the pleasure of meeting Evelyn Knapp on numerous occasions. Her dedication and motivation helped inspire countless individuals to engage in a healthier lifestyle, including myself. Strength for Life provides exercise classes and wellness retreats at no cost to cancer patients and survivors. 

Your donation will help improve the quality of life for individuals diagnosed with cancer by providing safe and effective exercise programs free of charge. Classes are designed to enhance the recovery process and also educate cancer patients and the general public on cancer prevention strategies through exercise and nutrition. These programs help cancer patients regain their strength both physically and emotionally. Co-founders Jacqui Errico and Debbie Hughes, who I also had the pleasure of working with, are passionate about this cause and their dedication to helping others through exercise is inspiring. This will be my first Marathon and I’m hoping you will help support me and my goal to raise $4,000 for this tremendous charity!





                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment