Saturday, December 22, 2012

From our friend, Penni

It was March 2011, and I was divinely led to offer a fitness-dance class to Strength for Life during one of their weekend retreats donated to cancer survivors. Strength for Life is a not for profit organization that "brings fitness to cancer survivors" at no charge. Jacqui Errico and Debbie Hughes, the founders of Strength for Life, serve selflessly while they successfully organize, facilitate and engage in connecting with true survivors. It all seems so effortless as they give from their hearts as they would to their own family. I was blessed to receive the gift of understanding the depth of what Jacqui and Debbie receive as they compassionately and fully give... I was in awe as I witnessed mothers, daughters, wives, sisters, grandmothers, aunts and friends transform their hopelessness, pain, fear and sadness into Hope, Joy, Gratitude, Laughter, Connection and Love! To see pure delight and liberation shining from a person that has come back from their own physical, mental and emotional battle is the greatest blessing. I will forever be grateful for being a part of these inspiring and heart-warming experiences that Strength for Life and their members share with me. Thank you all who give and receive through Strength for Life!

It was at my next Strength for Life retreat that I was introduced to Dr. Dean Telano of True Living Yoga Healing Center. He taught a meditation class--specifically geared toward cancer patients and survivors. Dr. Telano's genuine and compassionate donation amazed me--physically, emotionally and energetically moving! As a healer, Dr. Telano brings rare and authentic gifts of insight and intuition while humbly delivering his own teachings. Dean teaches "Mind of Clear Light" Meditation, Reiki and Yoga, as well as teacher-training in these holistic healing techniques. For years I was in search of a Yoga school that didn't require consecutive weeks of attendance--and a flexible Yoga certification school was placed in my path! Rahini School of Yoga and all it encompasses came into my life at the perfect moment. I am now a recent graduate of the 200 hour Yoga teacher certification program, and beginning my journey in the 550 hour Yoga program, and the Meditation teacher training program. The gifts I've received are so many; most significant is my new found inner peace, emotional strength & empowerment. Just walking in the studio brings BREATH and life to my "True-self." Once again, I receive the gift of giving with others who genuinely wish to bring hope, healing and peace to all beings. Thank you Dr. Dean Telano and all who serve at True Living Yoga.

In an effort to comfort as well as share the hope and healing I have been blessed to receive through these two powerful organizations, I felt a strong pull to connect the endless healing and holistic resources of both truelivingyoga.com and strengthforlife.org. Please visit each site; discover what you might uncover in yourself, and share freely with others the gifts that you receive.

With loving kindness,
Penni N.

No comments:

Post a Comment