Monday, November 5, 2012

Status of classes 'Post Sandy"

Hello all,

Just to keep you updated with our news, Debbie will cancel tonight class at Breast Cancer Help - Debbie is still one of the unfortunate power-less households.

I phoned Stony Brook Cancer Center they are up and running and as long as I can get there we have class. Since I am not far - there will be a class and I will understand anyone who does not make it due to gas and power issues.

The Mather class is to begin on Wednesday at 6:30 - however I only have one taker to date, after the Stony Brook class I will access IF it is going to take place.  IF you know of anyone interested in the Mather Hospital class - please contact me at jerrico1234@gmail.com or phone 631-675-6513.

Now depending on the gas situation for me - Seaford and East Meadow on Thursday and Friday are uncertain.  I trust that this gas situation will lighten up a bit by that time - so let us keep positive about those two classes.

 
***NOW for Race information***

Strength for Life decided to donate half of the proceeds from our November 18th Run and Wellness Walk to the families on Long Island who have lost so much. We know quite a few of our friends, families and class participants who are without homes and we want to do what we can.  We are also asking that the runners and walkers bring a food or clothing item and we will distribute them.  We need to pull together and get through this devestation.




Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past.
Rather, it is a spirit that bears things -
with resignations,  yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope.
~Corazon Aquino
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment