Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Confusion on what to eat....

Just when I thought I had some things figured out - a wrench gets thrown in.  I was brought to this article yesterday about the Incredible Edible Egg YOLK...


Here we have been so mindful to separate the egg yolk and eat the egg white because of the protein. We omit the fat and the cholesterol but kept good ol' protein.... now they (and who are they) are saying you don't get the full benefit of the egg white without the yolk. Really?

And I started reading 'In Defense of Food' by Michael Pollan and all about the 'Age of Nutritionism' - what happened to good ol' broccoli?  What happened to 'eat a variety of colors' those simple rules to live by?

Here's a simple rule I can live by:

 "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." ~ Michael Pollan

No comments:

Post a Comment